2.13.2010

the opening ceremony

Today I will be blogging about a sports event. For those of you who know me well this might come as a shock, but it can't be helped, this must be said. I was watching parts of the opening ceremonies for the Olympics this morning. And I liked it.

There. I said it. I feel better for it.

I tried to watch the part where all the ones who are to compete walks in, but got too bored. I did, however, very much enjoy the parts with all the dancers, the whales were fantastic, the trees, the stars and the Northern Lights and the magnificent voice of Donald Sutherland. It was a beautiful part of the ceremony, wasn't it? And to make things even better, all by a sudden the fantastic Shane Koyczan appeared. I loved that part!

Perhaps sports aren’t so boring and incomprehensible after all?

So, to celebrate the spirit of the Olympics (there is such a one, I'm told) here is my favourite poem by Koyczan:

No comments:

Post a Comment