1.04.2010

A slight frustration

I'm writing an essay.

No, I'm not. I should be writing an essay, and I would be writing it right now had my train of thoughts not derailed. Again and again.

Don't get me wrong, I love every single one distracting me, I really do. And I honestly don't mind being distracted either, most of the time. It's just that, well, derailing. It takes a while to get the train back on track.

For me, you see, writing is a process. We may be talking about blog posts, essays or comments to students' essays, the process is essential. It takes a bit of time to get it in motion but once it's rolling things fall into place almost magically. Unless...

I'm not asking to be left alone. I'm not asking for solitude. I'm just telling you that repeated derailing inevitably leads to two things - a slight frustration, and a prolonged process.

Don't take it personal, remember I do love you, and I don't mind you disturbing me, but please stop asking me when I'll be done. Every time you do that you add a few hours to the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment