10.23.2009

Heading home from the second meeting with 'my class'. It's very interesting to be a student, I notice things I normally just walk by. I find myself being very critical, both towards myself as teacher and towards my teachers. Things like structure and correct information matter. It makes a huge difference to know ahead what'll happen, and to be able to trust that what's been said really is what goes.

I also find that it makes a huge difference to have a teacher who makes himself or herself available to the students, and one who's only there in the classroom but very absebt at other times.

I think these reflections will help make me a better teacher. I hope so, at least. What is the most important difference between a good teacher and a mediochre one?

No comments:

Post a Comment