5.31.2009

Emilie Autumn

I learnt to walk in the backstages of theatres and opera houses, amongst the beautiful chaos of costume changes, circus performers, sweaty ballerinas, dripping make-up, and far too much glitter. Then, I went mad and was locked up. What did you think that would sound like?
Emilie Autumn says about her music. The child-prodigy classical violinist grew into a very special artist. She played with Cortney Love on her debut solo album and toured with her for a few years, worked a while with Smashing Pumpkin's Billy Corgan before releasing her own solo album, Ohpeliac, in 2006.

To me Emilie Autumn is the kind of person who is so pretty, so adorably cute, so strong and so vulnerable it breaks my heart, the kind of artist I cannot not love! Her music is funny, rich and elaborate, her way of performing it so light in touch it dances all around the room. Her lyrics are beautiful, poetic and slightly bizarre, she follows the gothic tradition in her choice of themes and sings about death and madness as phenomena rather than as threats.

Give her a listen, I don't think you'll regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment